Volleyball England is the National Governing Body for all disciplines of Volleyball in England with its headquarters situated in Loughborough. Volleyball England employs a dedicated team of staff at its headquarters.
The latest vacancies that Volleyball England has are listed below. If no vacancies are listed then there are no vacancies available at this time.
Advisory Group Members
Do you want to influence the future direction of volleyball in England?
Volleyball England has ambitious aims for the sport looking towards 2024. Following on from two series of successful Volleyball Voice events, we are keen to ensure a continued deeper engagement with the wider volleyball community to increase the skillset and the breadth of talent involved in planning within our sport.
Hence three advisory groups are being formed:
- The Volleyball Knowledge – to direct and provide strategic overview to the collection and use of market research and insight.
- Knowing our Neighbours Advisory Group – to increase the profile of and participation in volleyball among people with disabilities, the Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) and migrant communities and other underrepresented communities.
- Marketing, Communications & Commercial Advisory Group – to assist in increasing the profile of volleyball in order to improve engagement, increase player numbers and increase external revenue streams.
Volleyball England are looking for members of the volleyball community with relevant skills and expertise to join co-opted Board members, staff and external experts to form these groups. Groups will meet twice a year.
Rohan West (Participation Director): “This represents an exciting new opportunity for Volleyball England to develop cutting edge insight to increase participation and engagement and ensure our programmes meet the needs of the whole community and are well promoted.”
For further details about the groups and an application pack please contact Volleyball England on email@example.com or 01509 227722.
Volleyball England’s equal opportunity applies in relation to these opportunities and Volleyball England welcomes applications from all sections of society. The office itself is located in modern, purpose built premises. Should potential applicants require any further information regarding accessibility or require information in an alternative format, please contact Volleyball England on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01509 227722.
Head Office Work Experience Placement
Volleyball England is seeking to appoint a number of Work Experience Placement Interns to be based at it's Head Office in Loughborough.
It is an ideal opportunity for school leavers, students or those who would like a career change to gain invaluable office skills in the sports sector and join a busy and vibrant team at the Volleyball England Head Office.
The placement role will mainly involve administration support for the Volleyball England team during the busy indoor registration period and the summer event season.
Tasks will include:
• Supporting the Membership renewal process for Volleyball clubs, coaches and referees.
• Assisting in preparations for Volleyball England tournaments and events.
• Supporting the Volleyball England Events team at tournaments where required.
• Data entry.
All work experience placements will receive references if required and the opportunity to volunteer with Volleyball England at future events.
To Apply: email email@example.com or call 01509 227722.
Volleyball England’s equal opportunity applies in relation to these placements and Volleyball England welcomes applications from all sections of society. The office itself is located in modern, purpose built premises. Should potential applicants require any further information regarding accessibility or require information in an alternative format, please contact Ilona Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01509 227722.
Volleyball Coach - Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (Cheshire Campus, Crewe) –Volleyball Coach
Salary: £450- £900 pa
(Dependent on experience and attendance at both training & matches)
Closing Date: Monday 12th December 2016, 5pm
Contact Name: Joe Wharton
Contact Email: J.email@example.com
MMU Sport are currently looking to recruit a passionate, experienced and inspiring level 2 or above qualified Volleyball coach to work in partnership with them to develop the Volleyball and maximise their success in BUCS competition. The successful candidate will create a positive, responsive and productive relationship with the club and MMU Sport and support the development of the club in training and competition.
Training sessions take place on a Tuesday evenings from 8 -10pm in the Exercise and Sport Science Centre at our Cheshire Campus in Crewe. Competitive fixtures will be in a tournament format. The role is for a maximum of 2 hours per week. A day rate for games will be negotiable. The successful coach will be expected to be registered/register as Self Employed and hold his or her own Coaching Insurance policy.
Main Duties of Coaching role:
- Responsible for general coaching practices including session planning, delivery and evaluation procedures in collaboration with the head coach for Volleyball (Cheshire)
- Regularly communicate with MMU Sport staff to provide feedback on performance and club development, attend termly meetings and compile regular reports on aims and objectives
- Attend BUCS matches to coach and advise individuals and squads, displaying tactical awareness to gain the best possible performance
- Responsibility and accountability for team selection, in partnership with the committee and determine methods of selection and providing feedback to those not selected
- Regularly review club performance and progress
- Assist the club committee members to complete club development planning and work towards their aims and objectives
- Support the development of student leadership skills, particularly with club committee members
- Make sure all sessions comply with Health and Safety standards & maintain high standards with regards to Equality and Diversity
- Demonstrate understanding of the aims and objectives of MMU Sport and to work in partnership to help to achieve these
To apply for these positions, please submit a current CV and Covering Letter by email outlining the following:
- Coaching Experience
- Why you are interested in this role
- Availability to Coach on Monday/Tuesday evenings and Wednesday afternoons.
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday 12th December at 5pm. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org use the subject: Volleyball Coach Application. For further information, please contact Joe on 0161 247 6541 or at email@example.com
Volleyball Coach - University of Bristol
The University of Bristol Volleyball Club are seeking to appoint a qualified and confident volleyball coach to lead their Ladies’ First Team in the 2016/17 season. Last season, we won the British University & Colleges Sport (BUCS) Western 1A division, winning all but one game, repeating the performance from the 2014/2015 season. Unfortunately, we missed out on promotion in the playoffs in both years. Promotion to the Premier League this season is one of our main objectives.
As well as our BUCS league, we also finished 2nd in the local Bristol and District Volleyball Association league.
The role holder will develop, deliver and manage team coaching, playing and preparation programme to optimise performance in BUCS (British University College Sport) and other relevant competitions. They will demonstrate and instil a ‘can do’ culture and structure within the club built on the core values of the University and Performance programme which are Inspiration, Respect, Discipline, Enjoyment and Participation.
This season, as well as these competitions, we have also entered into Volleyball England’s National Volleyball League (NVL) for the first time. We see this as an opportunity to gain vital experience at a higher level as well as a way of attracting more and better players to our club.
Our club is made up 140 people across five teams; two men’s teams, two women’s teams and one mixed team. We attract people from all backgrounds and skill levels with many of our players being complete beginners when they first join.
The position being advertised is that of the Ladies’ first team coach. The requirements for this position are:
Two training sessions a week totalling 3.5 hours (Monday 6.30-8.30pm, and Saturday 2.00-3.30pm) for 15weeks starting 9th January
4 BUCS Wednesdays throughout term
8 NVL Sundays throughout term (optional, to be discussed)
Pay and contract details will be discussed at interview
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing a volleyball related CV or personal statement. Please don’t hesitate to use this email to ask any questions. Applicants will be required to interview with the Performance Manager and members of the Volleyball club.
Application deadline is the end of December.
For more information about the club, see our website (uobvolleyball.co.uk)
Volleyball Coach - University of Bradford
Volleyball Coach Required for December 2016
University of Bradford Sport (UoB Sport) introduced its new Sports Strategy in 2016 with the bold aim of increasing our BUCS standing to reach the top 50 within 5 years. We are recruiting a coach that matches our ambition and determination to improve the sporting performance of our clubs and their athletes; whilst also supporting the clubs long term development to deliver an outstanding student experience.
Salary: £17.50 per hour
Deadline for applications: 14th November 2016
Interview Dates: week commencing 21st November 2016
Start Date: 8th December 2016
Training: Thursday 6:30pm – 8pm
Saturday 2pm – 5pm
Games: Wednesday times vary each week for both home and away games.
Season Period: September - April
Contract Length: 18 months, until April 2018
The University of Bradford Volleyball Club is a popular and vibrant club with a male and a female team both competing in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) league programme. The successful candidate will have experience in leading teams; will attend all training sessions and matches; and will have achieved a minimum of a UKCC Volleyball Level 2 qualification (or equivalent). You will have substantial and demonstrable experience of Volleyball coaching, ideally within Higher Education.
You will organise and deliver twice weekly coaching sessions and liaise closely with the team captain to ensure effective preparation and selection for matches. We expect coaches to be present at home and away fixtures with the need to be flexible to attend competitions which may take place across the region. You should be an ambitious and dynamic coach with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of both club development and sport performance.
The role is self-employed and paid at a flat annual rate which will be discussed with the successful candidate following interviews.
Applications are invited via a brief letter/email; an accompanying coaching CV; and an example training session plan focusing on defence to build a middle attack. The session should address both fitness and skill requirements. Please send completed applications to:
Katie Moore (Sports Coordinator)
University of Bradford
Great Horton Road
For an informal discussion about the role, please also contact Katie Moore via the number/email above.
Loughborough Students’ Volleyball Club - Men’s 1st Team Coach – Job Description
Loughborough Students’ Volleyball Club are seeking a Men’s 1st team coach that is committed, driven and passionate about developing individuals and a team to be the best they can be.
Salary - £15-£25 per hour, depending on experience (negotiable)
Other benefits include;
- Access to funded CPD through our Coach & Volunteer Academy.
- Volleyball England Coach Membership which includes access to the Art of Coaching Volleyball benefits.
NB: The spec below is an ‘ideal’. We recognise that as a part time coach attendance at matches/competitions may not always be possible.
- Work to performance targets and development plan agreed with club chair & professional staff.
- Available for Monday sessions 0700-0900, Tuesdays 1900-2045, Thursdays 2100-2230 every week in term times. Also identified matches in BUCS leagues and cups, which would be on Wednesdays or weekends, as well as National League fixtures.
- Able to provide structured coaching which would allow our 1st team to achieve their best performances in the BUCS league, Cup/Trophy and National Volleyball League. Attendance at these events/fixtures would also be valuable.
- Assist the club in recruitment initiatives and be proactive in recommending Loughborough to younger volleyball players. Be a proactive part of the club recruitment plan.
- Is responsible for team selection process in conjunction with the team captains, including movement between teams and selection for service support.
- Coordinate with any other programme staff and support services to best improve volleyball players’ performances.
- Attend Loughborough Sport Induction workshop (October), update (January) and review meeting (April)
To apply please send a C.V. and covering statement to Ian Read (Performance Development Coordinator) – email@example.com.
Closing Date - Wednesday 26th October 2016
Volleyball Coach - Coventry and Warwick Riga
Coventry and Warwick Riga mens' team are looking for a new coach for their National League team for the 2016/7 season. The team are playing in Division 2 North and have a strong core of players to work with alongside a number of new joiners for this season.
The team are looking for a qualified and committed individual to work with them at training and matches to help them achieve their potential as a team. The role is a volunteer role but offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a thriving volleyball club that also has two ladies teams plus a recreational volleyball section.
Interested? To find out more contact Chris Jones (men's team secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volleyball Coach - De Montfort University Leicester
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Volleyball Coach to lead the development of DMU Men's Volleyball. You will be responsible for improving the performance of the Men's Volleyball Squad.
You will have achieved a minimum of a UKCC Volleyball Level 2 qualification (or equivalent). You will have substantial and demonstrable experience of Volleyball coaching, ideally within Higher Education.
This role is for 7 hours per week, for 30 weeks of the year, including training sessions held on Monday & Sunday evenings, & matches on Wednesday afternoons (training session days can be altered). You will need to be flexible to attend competitions which may take place across the region and beyond.
For further information regarding this post or to have an informal conversation please contact Jake Betts, Sports Development Co-ordinator on 0116 366 4810 or email@example.com
To see the full job post and apply for the role, please visit https://jobs.dmu.ac.uk/webrecruitment/Default.asp?Section=Vacancy&VacID=10089
Volleyball Coach - Onyx Volleyball Club
Onyx Volleyball Club are looking for a qualified coach to help lead their 2 teams (1 men and 1 women). The Men's team is upper Intermediate/Advanced level and the Women's team is Intermediate Level. Currently the teams have just started to train 5-1 rotation.
- Venue: Harrow Club,187 Freston Rd, London W10 6TH - Latimer Road station.
- Day: Wednesday
- Time: 20:00 to 22:00 at the moment. (with intention of having another day once we get a coach)
For more information please contact Rocio Kamalati on; 07841413086
Volleyball Coach - Cambridge University
Cambridge University Volleyball Club seeks experienced coaches for the Men's and Women's Blues (First) teams. The teams compete in BUCS Premiere League South, the highest level of student competition, as well as playing in Student Cup competitions and the annual Varsity match against Oxford.
The season runs from the beginning of October to mid-March. Training sessions are twice weekly in Cambridge (at the University Sports Centre, Philippa Fawcett Drive, CB3 0AS), Mondays 20:00-22:00 and Saturdays 16:00-18:00, and matches are primarily on Wednesdays, in Cambridge and around the south of England. Compensation to be discussed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the men's position or email@example.com for more information about the women's position.
Volleyball Coach - Oaks Park High School (Ilford)
Oaks Park High School, based in Ilford, are looking for a coach to help with their ever increasing player numbers. Sessions are 3pm-5pm on Fridays. Ideally this would be on a voluntary basis however there may be scope for payment.
For further details, please contact Keith Green; 020 8590 2245 (ext. 2037) or KGreen@oakspark.redbridge.sch.uk