Volleyball England is the National Governing Body for all disciplines of Volleyball in England with its headquarters situated in Loughborough. Volleyball England employs a dedicated team of staff at its headquarters.
The latest vacancies that Volleyball England has are listed below. If no vacancies are listed then there are no vacancies available at this time.
Independent Director - Finance & Business Development
Volleyball England is seeking to appoint an Independent Director to the Board, operating within the remits of Finance and Business Development.
The successful applicant will:
- Act as a Director of the English Volleyball Association Ltd (the Company)
- Use personal and professional skills, contacts, experience and judgement to optimise both the short term and long term performance of Volleyball England
- Play a full part in enabling the Board to arrive at balanced and objective decisions
- Ensure the objectives of the Company, as agreed by the Board, are fully, promptly, and properly carried out
Roles and repsonsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the production of timely, accurate, meaningful financial information
- Providing budget updates to the Executive Board
- Signing off the Annual Accounts on behalf of the Executive Board
- Reviewing, suggesting and implemeneting improvements to the financial systems of the Company
- Overseeing financial planning of Volleyball England
- Working with the Board and SMT to develop, implemenet and monitor an Annual Business Plan and long term Business Development Strategy
- Identifying potential opportunities for business development
- Ensuring good working relationships with clients/funders, both new and existing, are maintained
- Increasing business sustainability
The successful applicant will be requried to sit on Volleyball England sub groups as prescribed by the Framework document of by board agreeement.
For a full job description, including person specification, and an Application Pack, please contact email@example.com. Please note this is a voluntary position, although reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Association's Expenses Claim Policy.
The closing date for applications is Monday 26th June.
Volleyball Head Coach
Faculty/Professional Service: Student Services
Salary: Competitive salary
Annualised Hours – 892 hours per year (term time coaching up to 18 hrs a week and supporting teams at matches)
Closing Date - 2 July 2017
About Anglia Ruskin University:
Anglia Ruskin is a vibrant workplace and our University is gaining prominence both nationally and internationally. We have ambitious plans for the future and we are determined that our students and staff will realise their full potential. Our main campuses in the cities of Cambridge, Chelmsford and Peterborough have been transformed with major capital investment. With an annual turnover of over £200m, we are a major force for higher education and one of the largest universities in the East of England.
About the role:
You’ll be joining a dynamic team contributing towards the successful delivery of our University’s sports strategy. As Volleyball Head Coach, you’ll play a pivotal role by coordinating our various volleyball activities including the students’ Volleyball Club and work closely with our partner National League Team. You’ll add value to an already successful programme and ensure that volleyball continues to make a significant contribution to the overall Anglia Ruskin student experience for sport.
With a degree and a level 2 qualification in Volleyball, you’ll be passionate about sport and determined to play your part in building our future. With previous experience of working in a sports environment and successfully co-ordinating complex projects using your own initiative, you’ll have excellent organisational and communication skills.
The appointment is subject to an enhanced level disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Interviews expected to take place on the week commencing 17 July 2017.
If you would like further information, or would like to visit one of our campuses in advance, please contact Martin Beaver, Head of Sport and Active Anglia, on 01223 698 919 or James Barclay on 01223 698784.
To find out more about working with us, click here.
We offer an extensive range of benefits including a generous holiday entitlement, occupational pension schemes, training and development opportunities, travel to work scheme and a competitive relocation package. Visit our benefits page for full details.
Volleyball Coach - King's College London
King's College London is seeking a qualified, experienced and dedicated volleyball coach for the Men’s Volleyball 1st Team. The successful applicant will work with the President and Captain to ensure a professional and consistent approach for supporting and mentoring volleyball players.
Location: Training sessions and home fixtures are at Britannia Leisure Centre, 40 Hyde Road, London, N1 5JU
Times: Wednesdays (usually fixtures but training if no fixture) 13:30-16:30, Sundays (training) 12:00-14:00
Payment: £15-£25 per hour depending on experience
Closing date: 1st August
Head Office Work Experience Placement
Volleyball England is seeking to appoint a number of Work Experience Placement Interns to be based at it's Head Office in Loughborough.
It is an ideal opportunity for school leavers, students or those who would like a career change to gain invaluable office skills in the sports sector and join a busy and vibrant team at the Volleyball England Head Office.
The placement role will mainly involve administration support for the Volleyball England team during the busy indoor registration period and the summer event season.
Tasks will include:
• Supporting the Membership renewal process for Volleyball clubs, coaches and referees.
• Assisting in preparations for Volleyball England tournaments and events.
• Supporting the Volleyball England Events team at tournaments where required.
• Data entry.
All work experience placements will receive references if required and the opportunity to volunteer with Volleyball England at future events.
To Apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 227722.
Volleyball England’s equal opportunity applies in relation to these placements and Volleyball England welcomes applications from all sections of society. The office itself is located in modern, purpose built premises. Should potential applicants require any further information regarding accessibility or require information in an alternative format, please contact Hannah Winsbury at email@example.com or on 01509 227722.