Club Conference 2019
Featuring workshops on different areas of club development, the inaugural Club Conference will take place on Saturday 27th July (09:30am - 13:15pm) at the SportPark in Loughborough. You can book your place at the conference now.
With three time slots, attendees can choose which three workshops they will attend, with a choice of five different workshops on offer. Experts and professionals will lead workshops on the following topics:
- Marketing your club – Reinvigorate how your club spreads it message so your teams and campaigns are more successful. The workshop will be led by Volleyball England board member and owner of a PR agency, Simon Griffiths and Kara Griffiths, head of communications at a large higher education institution. The pair also understand volleyball too. They help run Tamworth Spartans Volleyball Club which won the Volleyball England Club of the Year 2016, following a rebranding of the club which they helped drive.
- Venues – having the right place to call home is a foundation of a successful volleyball club. A trio of experts will take you through being a new club finding a venue, how to influence sports halls to improve volleyball facilities and how a new facility can help your club grow.
- Funding – every club would benefit from a cash boost. Volleyball England’s core market coordinator Rob Payne and the HUB’s lead funding support officer Vicki Carr will take you through where to look for funding, how to write a brilliant bid and how members can access funding support from the HUB office. They’ll also look at how to attract sponsorship and fund raise.
- Developing junior sections – Volleyball England's Children and Young People Lead Nick Shaffery will lead a workshop focusing on the next generation of volleyball players and how to develop a junior section at your club. Clubs that already have a junior section will benefit from how to raise participation and inspire more juniors to join.
- Your club website – a club website is an important shop window for your club and a key tool for getting people to engage with you. Professional web designer Joke de Winter will show you how you can use the free and low-cost platforms, such as GoDaddy and Wix, to create a great-looking and easy-to-use website.
The CPSU will also deliver a 'Time to Listen' course throughout the morning which provides essential training for Club Welfare Officers. This is a three-hour workshop so attendees will need to choose to take part in this workshop, instead of the club development workshops.
Members of Volleyball England clubs can book places for a member rate of £35, while places for non-members will cost £50. This includes a complimentary buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Book your place
Be sure to reserve your places at the Club Conference 2019 - you can book your place here.