Volleyball England offer a number of courses to suit your development needs. This page contains links all courses that we have on offer, ranging from formal coaching qualifications on the right hand side, to our beach volleyball coaching clinic and much more. If you are a teacher looking to see how you can introduce volleyball in your school, make sure you have a look at the range of workshops available for you. If you are new to coaching and still unsure what the right course for you is, then this information can be found on our Get Into Coaching page.
As all coaches know Continuous Professional Development (CPD), and lifelong learning is key if a coach is to become the best they can be in the environment they are working within. It is important for a coach to identify what their personal development needs are and then to follow up with CPD that is specific to this and to keep up to date with the modern trends. With this in mind we have put together some ideas of workshops on offer to you:
- Sports Coach UK workshops - There is a comprehensive range of workshops available on offer to all coaches to access through Sports Coach UK. Examples include: Mentoring, Safeguarding,
- 1st Aid Courses - There are many providers of the 1st Aid course, here is the course offered by St Johns Ambulance
- International Seminars/Courses - Volleyball England currently run 3 international courses per year and also there are a multitude of courses provided by volleyball International Governing Bodies (CEV/FIVB) shown on this page
- Courses from your local County Sports Partnership (CSP) - there are a number of courses that are run near you which can be accessed through your CSP. Click on this link to select yours and find out more.
Funding Opportunities for Coaches
The Coaching Funding Guide provides details about funding available to you in your area. There are various pockets of money to support the financing of Level 1 and Level 2 qualifications, so make sure you have a look at whats available in your region!
To download the document, click on the map on the right.
In September 2014 we have launched the activator courses designed to upskill and give fun ideas to those leading recreationnal sessions. Check out futher information by clickon on the relevant panel below:
Organise you own course!
Volleyball England take requests from those wishing to get a course set up their area for the entry level courses. For information on what is required in terms of venue, duration and the processess involved, please take a look at our Course Organisers Handbook. Once you are ready to book please return the appropraite form:
- UKCC Level 1 and UKCC Level 2 booking form
- Activator and Sitting Workshop booking form
- Courses for Teachers booking form
- Courses for Young People booking form
Fully completed to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively give the Workforce Team a call to discuss further on 01509 227722.
If you have not found what you are looking for please contact us!
Course Organisers Handbook
This document provides further information on the courses provided by Volleyball England and where each course fits in the coaches development pathway. All course descriptions, content, course timings and much more are included if you are looking to get one scheduled where you are!