Beach Volleyball is one of the world's most popular team sports. The main objective of volleyball is to stop the ball hitting the ground anywhere on your side of the net with just three touches - whilst trying to make it hit the ground on your opponent’s side of the court.
A brief overview of the game includes:
- An official beach volleyball court is 16m x 8m
- Beach Volleyball is usually played by two teams of two players but it can be played by more
- The server stands at the back of the court and can serve either over- or under-arm into the opponent’s side of the court
- The opposing team is allowed a maximum of three touches on their side of the court before they must send the ball back over the net
- The ball must be hit - not caught
- The match is won by the team that wins two sets. A set is won by the first team to reach 21 points with a two-point advantage
Playing Beach Volleyball
Many opportunities exist for men and women to play beach volleyball across England. Playing beach volleyball has many benefits including keeping fit and meeting new people. What ever your level or ability the game provides varying degrees of competition from social/recreational games to more competitive opportunities. Anyone interested in taking up the sport will find it both rewarding and enjoyable.
Tournaments and Events
Find Clubs / Events
3Touch Volleyball Magazine