Young Event Volunteer Award
The Young Event Volunteer Award is aimed at 14-19 year olds and suitable for students, young club members or anyone wishing to develop their leadership skills through volleyball activity. The course has been developed with the aim of providing young people with the knowledge and skills to volunteer at a national or international volleyball event or take a lead in organising a volleyball event in their school / college or club.
The course is a 6 hour award and does not require participants to have any previous knowledge of volleyball. The award can be delivered by any PE Teacher (or equivalent) or a Volleyball England qualified coach supported by the Tutor Resource Pack. This easy-to-follow resource plans your sessions for you, is national curriculum friendly and can be delivered in one go or as part of PE lesson time.
Course Delivery Options
There is a one off cost for the Tutor Resource Pack, which can then be used to deliver an unlimited number of Young Leaders courses.
The Resource is availble to purchase on our webshop and includes:
- Step-by-step guide
- Information booklet
- Task cards
Help us to help volleyball! Each time you deliver a course (even when using a previously purchased reasource pack) please complete page 1 of the 'Courses for Young People' booking form available on our 'How to Organise a Course' webpage. There is no additional cost for registering this type of course but it does help us measure the number of Young Event Volunteer Awards delivered.
You can request and see costings for hiring a Volleyball England tutor to deliver the course on the 'Courses for Young People' booking form available on our 'How to Organise a Course' webpage. Optional prize packs are also available to order through the booking form.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course the Young Event Volunteer will:
- A) Demonstrate a knowledge of volleyball and the Volleyball England competition structure
- B) Explain why volunteers are needed at events
- C) Be a line judge
- D) Perform the role of a courtside assistant and the role of a scoreboard assistant
- E) Assist with event administration
- F) Analyse the needs of different volleyball players and be able to be a Team Liaison Volunteer
- G) Help with media and photography surrounding an event
- H) Be a DJ assistant
- I) Look after spectators and VIPs.
- J) Investigate the next steps in volunteering at events
Interested in organising a course?
For more information, please visit the 'How to Organise a Course' webpage here.