Young Coach Programme – Applications Open
10th October 2013
Applications are now open for aspiring young volleyball coaches to join the national young coach’s programme.
Last year 20 young coaches from Volleyball England took part in the National Young Coaches Academy held at Loughborough University. Each young coach attended the three day conference which provides a unique opportunity for young coaches to work alongside promising and aspiring coaches from other sports.
The programme offers young coaches
- A mentor to support their development
- An individual coach development plan
How to apply
In order to attend the Young Coach Academy you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Aged between 14 and 19 years old
- Completed Volleyball England’s Young Leaders Award or UKCC Level 1 Volleyball Coaching Qualification
- Actively leading/coaching in a school/club environment or is starting within 3 weeks of completing the National Young Coaches Academy
- Identified somebody to act as a ‘mentor’ for the next 12 months
- Available to attend on the 20th – 22nd December in Loughborough
There is no charge for this training, Volleyball England will cover all costs for accommodation, training and food, you will just need to cover travel costs to and from the venue.
If you meet all the criteria above
- Complete and return the application form
- Ensure their mentor returns a nomination form on their behalf
Applications close Friday 25th October
To download the application form please click here