VE Level 3
The Level 3 is Volleyball England's highest coaching course.
To attend this course you will be Level 2 qualified, working with a competitive team, committed to developing your technical and tactical understanding of the game and dedicated to furthering your coaching career.
What will I learn?
You will be:
- Able to plan and deliver a series of coaching sessions based on goal setting and evaluation. This is aimed at improving the performance of individual players and a team over a period of time
- Encouraged to consider your coaching philosophy, individual differences and how that impacts on your work with players
- Challenged to think about how you put together teams to maximise players strengths and provide balance
- Introduced to a range of offensive and defensive systems of play and their tactical application
- Asked to examine how you plan, deliver and evaluate player improvement through effective practices
- Able to apply the principles of match analysis, scouting and match coaching
- Made aware of the principle of sport physiology, coaching processes and planning.
For an example of a schedule from a past course please click here.
What does the Level 3 award qualify me to do?
The Level 3 award prepares an experienced coach to plan, organise, deliver and evaluate a programme of training sessions aimed at improving the technical and tactical performance of individual players and a team over a series of matches (season).
What are the pre-requisites for the course?
- Registered Level 2 coach
- Be coaching a competitive team
- Have a valid safeguarding qualification.
All applications are assessed by Volleyball England.
The course is thirty-two hours study (including the examination). Learners must attend the whole course. This is usually over two weekends; arriving Friday evening and all day Saturday and Sunday.
To complete the full award learners must also:
- Complete a coaching log, and post course assessment, which is an observed 90 minute training session with your team. Details in the downloads section at the bottom of this page.
The course costs £600 and includes:
- 4 nights’ accommodation based on sharing a twin room
- Meals and refreshments
- Resource file covering course content
- Volleyball England Level 3 certificate on completion of the course
The additional post course assessment fee of £60 is payable at the time of the assessment.
There are a number areas in the country that can access funding to cover course fees. The subsidy can range from small contributions to the full 100%. Visit UK Coaching to find the latest coach education funding opportunities in your area.