Play Beach Volleyball
Beach Volleyball is one of the world's most popular team sports
The main objective of volleyball is to stop the ball hitting the ground anywhere on your side of the net with just three touches - whilst trying to make it hit the ground on your opponent’s side of the court.
Introduction to beach volleyball
A brief overview of the game
- An official beach volleyball court is 16m x 8m
- Beach Volleyball is usually played by two teams of two players but it can be played by more
- The server stands at the back of the court and can serve either over- or under-arm into the opponent’s side of the court
- The opposing team is allowed a maximum of three touches on their side of the court before they must send the ball back over the net
- The ball must be hit - not caught
- The match is won by the team that wins two sets. A set is won by the first team to reach 21 points with a two-point advantage
To support your beach court construction, Volleyball England offers a number of options to help you. We have a document detailing recommended equipment and size dimentions, as well as offering details of consultancy services.