Cancellation of Volleyball England events due to coronavirus
16th March 2020
Volleyball England has come to the difficult decision to cancel all Volleyball England camps and competitions up until Wednesday, 20th May 2020. The termination of these activities will commence from 9am on Tuesday, 17th March. This will impact the following events:
- All remaining National Volleyball League games for the 2019/20 season
- The U15’s Last 8s (Due to take place 21st March)
- The Easter camp for Cadet Girls and Boys as well as the Volleyball Futures camp, Junior Beach Men's training and CEV U18 selection, and Coaches Clinic (All of which were due to be run at the National Volleyball Centre between 11th-12th April)
- Cup and Shield finals (Due to take place 25th-26th April)
- All remaining Sitting Grand Prix fixtures (including GP5, GP Semi-Finals, Sitting Volleyball Cup and the GP Finals)
- Coaching and refereeing courses up until 20th May
Refunds for the Easter camps as well as sitting volleyball event entry fees will be processed in the weeks ahead. There will be no refunds for NVL, Cup and Junior competitions, this includes NVL, Junior and Sitting Volleyball player registration fees.
In addition, an assessment will be made on the following events by the end of March:
- Junior Women Beach camp (Due to take place 2nd May at the National Volleyball Centre)
- The Inter Regional Championships (Due to take place 23rd-25th May)
- Junior Women Beach CEV U20 and NEVZA U19 selection camp (Due to take place 6th June at the National Volleyball Centre)
- Junior Men Beach CEV U20 and NEVZA U19 selection camp (Due to take place 6th June in St Albans)
- Cadet Girls All Nations Competition (Due to take place between 6th and 7th June in London)
- Junior Women Beach NEVZA U17 selection camp (Due to take place 7th June at the National Volleyball Centre)
- Junior Men Beach NEVZA U17 selection camp (Due to take place 7th June in St Albans)
- Junior Women Beach Home Nations selection camp (Due to take place 13th June at the National Volleyball Centre)
- Cadet Girls All Nations Competition (Due to take place 13th-14th June in London)
- Cadet Girls All Nations Competition (Due to take place 20th-21th June in Sheffield)
- Junior Men Beach NEVZA U17, CEV U18, NEVZA U19 training and Home Nations selection (Due to take place 20th-21st June at the National Volleyball Centre)
With the outbreak of COVID-19 coronavirus set to worsen in the weeks ahead, these decisions have been taken with the health and safety of our members, their friends and families and the wider community in mind. We understand these decisions will result in inconvenience and disappointment to players, coaches, officials, volunteers and supporters at what is a key point of the season, but it is our duty to protect everyone associated to our sport.
We also recognise that clubs and regions may consider their own response to the situation outside of the decisions made by Volleyball England.
Cancelling these events will have a significant financial impact on Volleyball England and if you’re able to offer your support by declining a refund or applying for only a partial refund it will be greatly received. This money would go toward the considerable costs that have already been incurred through administration and facilitation work as well as venue bookings.
We appreciate you will have many questions about what happens next and, as we step further into this unchartered territory, we will endeavour to bring you answers as soon as we can.
Thank you for your understanding.
This statement was updated on 17th March, when a number of upcoming events were added to the list of events to be assessed by the end of March.