Volleyball England events cancelled up until July
31st March 2020
All Volleyball England camps, competitions and courses that were due to be held before July 2020 have been cancelled.
This decision has been made in line with current government advice that the public should only leave their house for very limited purposes.
There is no knowing for certain if this guidance will change by June, but we hope that by providing members with clarity on events this far ahead that we can minimise the financial impact on all involved.
Should the situation change, we also feel it would not be appropriate to host these events as athletes are not currently able to suitably prepare for camps and competitions.
Volleyball England is also recommending that no club volleyball activity – including matches, training, and tournaments – take place up until 30th June. Athletes representing England will also not be sent to international competitions (Such as the All Nations competition) during this period.
Sue Storey, Chief Executive of Volleyball England, said: “I know this news will come as a great disappointment to the community. We all have a key role to play in this fight against the coronavirus and, unfortunately, these unprecedented times call for unprecedented actions.
“Volleyball England is here to support you, however we can, and we have shared some useful resources on our website to support clubs, keep you active and, through social media, engaged and entertained. We are constantly working on this guidance so please get in touch if we are yet to address your concern.
“Most importantly, please remember this: volleyball will be back, and when it does return, we will celebrate it like never before.”
Volleyball England will continue to monitor the situation and issue further statements on events beyond June by the end of April 2020.
The decision to cancel events up until (and including) 30th June will impact the following events:
- Junior Women Beach camp, 2nd May, the National Volleyball Centre
- The Inter Regional Championships, 23rd-25th May
- Junior Women Beach CEV U20 and NEVZA U19 selection camp, 6th June, the National Volleyball Centre
- Junior Men Beach CEV U20 and NEVZA U19 selection camp, 6th June, St Albans
- Junior Women Beach NEVZA U17 selection camp, 7th June, the National Volleyball Centre
- Junior Men Beach NEVZA U17 selection camp, 7th June, St Albans
- Junior Women Beach Home Nations selection camp, 13th June, the National Volleyball Centre
- Junior Men Beach NEVZA U17, CEV U18, NEVZA U19 training and Home Nations selection, 20th-21st June, the National Volleyball Centre
- Referee and coach courses before 1st July
Organisers of the Inter Regional Beach Championship, scheduled for 11-12th July, have informed us the event is cancelled. This is also the case for the Home Nations Beach competition, set for August 2020, which has been postponed until the summer of 2021.
Note: A decision to call off Volleyball England events up until 20th May was made on 16th March.