Re-watch our lockdown player interview series VolleyChat
8th December 2020
Extended video interviews with successful athletes from the Volleyball Family are now available to re-watch on YouTube.
Familiar faces from the indoor, beach and sitting volleyball communities took turns sitting in the VolleyChat hot seat over five weeks to entertain and bring the community together during lockdown. Each athlete also spoke in detail about one of their specialist areas, such as spiking technique or transitioning from indoor to beach volleyball.
The short series was broadcast on Facebook, racking up almost 10,000 views, and is now available to watch back in full. Click here to view the series.
Read on to find out some of the talking points from each episode:
- Learning from the world’s best on the beaches of Rio De Janeiro.
- Coming agonisingly close to qualifying for the 2000 Olympics.
- Transitioning from indoor to beach volleyball.
- Securing a volleyball scholarship: how it works and top tips.
- Life as a pro volleyball player.
- Keeping yourself motivated during periods of downtime.
- Preparations for the 2012 Olympics.
- Top tips for mastering the block.
- Being a vegetarian athlete.
- IBB Polonia London in the Champions League.
- Helping to launch the USA’s latest pro league.
- Improving spiking technique.
- How Malory Eagles came to dominate the English league.
- Playing for his country in indoor, beach and sitting volleyball.
- Indoor vs beach vs sitting volleyball – which one comes out on top in areas such as serving difficulty and pace of the game?