Return to sitting volleyball webinar
9th April 2021
A return to play webinar for the sitting volleyball community is being arranged for Thursday, 15th April.
Beginning at 7.30pm, the one-hour session will help activity organisers understand the sport-specific safety plans that will allow sitting volleyball to return indoors once England advances to Step 3 of the lockdown roadmap. This is will happen no earlier than 17th May.
Currently, only sitting volleyball for disabled athletes can be organised indoors, although sitting volleyball can take place outdoors. Please visit www.volleyballengland.org/coronavirus for more information.
The schedule for the webinar is as follows:
- Welcome and webinar protocol – Sue Storey (Chief Executive) and Stewart Thorpe (Communications Manager)
- Return to sitting volleyball safety plans – Stewart Thorpe
- Tips for creating a risk assessment - Brendan Fogarty (Board Member who works as a Health and Safety Manager in his day job)
- Masks, tests and impermeable nets – Steve Smith (Sitting Volleyball Working Group Member)
- Projects and progress over the last six months – Richard Osborne (Sitting Volleyball Lead)
Attendees are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the sport-specific safety plans for sitting volleyball ahead of the session.
Please use the following link on 15th April to join: https://bit.ly/3g51Jma.
If you have any questions about the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.