Job: B2022 Beach Volleyball Technical Operations Manager
12th October 2021
Birmingham 2022 is looking for a Sport Technical Operations Manager to deliver all technical aspects of the Commonwealth Games for beach volleyball.
The person will work with the Sport Competition Manager and other functional areas to ensure that the competition is conducted in accordance with international federation rules and regulations.
- Actively contribute to venue and operational planning to ensure sport/discipline specific technical elements are effectively integrated into Games wide planning.
- Ensure the field of play for their respective sport/discipline is designed and delivered in line with the required technical and competition standards of the international federation.
- Contribute to the development of the sport delivery plan, sourcing the required sport specific technical information and providing it to Games functional areas.
- In conjunction with the Sport Competition Manager, liaise and consult with the International Federation Technical Delegate on matters relating to the preparation of the competition and competition issues as they arise.
- Work with the Sport Competition Manager in the management of planning for and delivering the field of play and warm up areas, including coordination with venue management, look, sport equipment, sport presentation, medal ceremonies, athlete medical and anti-doping staff.
- Work with the Sport Competition Manager and Assistant Sport Competition Manager to recruit, train and deploy the sport-specific workforce and volunteers so that tasks are allocated to appropriately skilled individuals.
- Support the development and implementation of key sport competition elements including the competition schedule, international federation visits and operational policies.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous experience working in a sport competition environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the international rules and regulations for the respective sport/discipline.
- Relationship management experience dealing with national and/or international sport federations.
- An understanding of sport specific programming.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing a volunteer workforce.
- Passionate about the delivery of sport at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Closing date: 22/10/2022
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (office-based)
If you have the skills and ability to coordinate a global sporting competition, head to the Birmingham 2022 website to apply!