Assistant Coach and Team Manager vacancies in England setup
12th November 2021
Experienced volleyball coaches with a passion for developing talent and dedicated volunteers who want to play a leading role in England’s Talent Pathway are encouraged to apply to join the England setup.
With the recent departure of key personnel, there are five vacancies:
- Cadet Girls Assistant Coach
- Cadet Boys Assistant Coach
- Junior Men Assistant Coach
- Cadet Boys Team Manager
- Junior Men Team Manager
For the coaching positions, candidates must hold a Volleyball England Level 2 award, an equivalent qualification, or a Volleyball England Level 1 award and significant experience of coaching young athletes.
For the Team Manager posts, we are looking for enthusiastic go-getters who have experience working with young people and can help create a positive experience for athletes on the England Talent Pathway.
Please note these posts are voluntary with expenses covered.
The Cadet (U17) and Junior (U19) squads train monthly at the National Volleyball Centre in Kettering. The squads usually enter the NEVZA Championships in October, Cornacchia Cup in Italy in December and April and other domestic competitions, such as the All Nations in June. Camp and competition dates can be found here.
Gillian Harrison, Strategic Manager (Volleyball For Life) oversees the England Talent Pathway. She said: “Working with our talented national team athletes is such a rewarding role, and I would encourage anyone with the right background and experience to apply or find out more.
“We're hosting 30-minute digital open evenings on both 17th or 22nd November to help bring these roles to life and tell you even more about what you can expect. These opportunities don’t come around often, so don’t miss out!”
- Please click here to read the Assistant Coach job description or here to read the Team Manager job description.
- Complete a short online application form for either the Assistant Coach or Team Manager role ahead of the Wednesday, 1st December closing date.
- Shortlisting will take place on Thursday, 2nd December and interviews via Microsoft Teams on the following dates:
- Cadet Boys Assistant Coach Interviews Monday 6th December 7pm onwards
- Junior Men Assistant Coach Interviews Tuesday 7th December 7pm onwards
- Cadet Girls Assistant Coach Interviews Wednesday 8th or Thursday 9th December 8pm onwards
- Cadet Boys Team Manager Interviews Monday 13th December 7pm onwards
- Junior Men Team Manager Interviews Tuesday 14th December 7pm onwards
Digital open evenings
This is a chance for anyone who's interested to hear a little bit about the programme. It takes the form of a 30-minute webinar led by Gillian Harrison, Strategic Manager (Volleyball for Life) with a short presentation about the programme and a chance to ask any questions.
- Wednesday 17th November 8pm. The link to join the webinar is here.
- Monday 22nd November 8pm. The link to join the webinar is here.
Good luck with your applications!
For more information, please email Gillian via firstname.lastname@example.org.