Volleyball England Level 3
The Level 3 is Volleyball England’s flagship coaching course.
To attend this course you will be Level 2 qualified, working with a competitive team, committed to developing your technical and tactical understanding of the game and dedicated to furthering your coaching career.
Volleyball England Level 3 Coaching Course
What will I learn?
You will be:
- Able to plan and deliver a series of coaching sessions based on goal setting and evaluation. This is aimed at improving the performance of individual players and a team over a period of time
- Encouraged to consider your coaching philosophy, individual differences and how that impacts on your work with players
- Challenged to think about how you put together teams to maximise players strengths and provide balance
- Introduced to a range of offensive and defensive systems of play and their tactical application
- Asked to examine how you plan, deliver and evaluate player improvement through effective practices
- Able to apply the principles of match analysis, scouting and match coaching
- Made aware of the principle of sport physiology, coaching processes and planning.
For an example of a schedule from a recent course please see the downloads section on the right hand side of this page.
What does the Level 3 award qualify me to do?
The Level III award prepares an experienced coach to plan, organise, deliver and evaluate a programme of training sessions aimed at improving the technical and tactical performance of individual players and a team over a series of matches (season).
What are the Pre-requisites for the course?
- Registered Level 2 coach
- Be coaching a competitive team
- Have a valid safeguarding qualification.
All applications are assessed by Volleyball England.
For those who do not yet have a safeguarding qualification, a list of courses can be found at: http://www.sportscoachuk.org/workshops/workshop-search/results
If you have already completed one please send evidence to email@example.com and if your qualification needs renewing we will signpost you to an online refresher course.
All coaches who will be working with under 18s must also hold a valid DBS check.
In order to receive your DBS you will need to follow this guidance. The course tutor will be able to sign off your document evidence.
The course is thirty-two hours study (including the examination). Candidates must attend the whole course. This is usually over two weekends; arriving Friday evening and all day Saturday and Sunday.
To complete the full award candidate must also:
- Earn five CPD credits as outlined in the 'Level 3 CPD Options' document in the downloads section on the right hand side of this page
- Complete a post course assessment, which is an observed 2-hour training session with your team. Details in the downloads section on the right hand side of this page
The course costs £600 and includes:
- 4 nights’ accommodation based on sharing a twin room
- Meals and refreshments
- Resource file covering course content
- Volleyball England Level 3 certificate on completion of the course
The additional post course assessment fee of £50 is payable at the time of the assessment.
Funding is available for coach development, a ‘Funding Opportunities Guide for Coaches’ has been developed by ScUK and a link is provided via the Volleyball England Website.
How can I book onto a course?
For further information please contact the Volleyball England Hub via email or call 01509 227722
Course Policies and Procedures
To view the current course policies and procedures, please visit the relevant webpage here.