Overseas Qualifications

overseas coach

Registering as a Coach in England with Overseas Volleyball Qualifications

To register as a coach with Volleyball England, with the exception of coaches with FIVB grades (please see the bottom of the page), you must be given a Volleyball England coaching grade. There is a fee of £75 to have an overseas qualification assessed by Volleyball England. If successful you will be awared an equivalent Volleyball lngland coaching grade and be registered as a coach with Volleyball England until the end of the season.

You can gain a Volleyball England coaching grade in two ways:

  • By attending a Volleyball England Level 1, UKCC Level 2 or Volleyball England Level 3 coaching course
  • By sending in evidence of holding an overseas coaching qualification and being given an equivalent Volleyball England grade

To be given a Volleyball England coaching grade you will need to pay the £75 fee and send the following information to the Volleyball England Coaching Team via email:

  • An electronic copy of your relevant volleyball coaching qualifications, which should include the following information:
  • The name of the awarding body/national federation
  • The level of the course
  • The date the course was passed
  • A copy of the course syllabus (breakdown of the hours, modules and content covered) with an accompanying English translation
  • Your volleyball CV
  • A volleyball statement that explains where and who you will be coaching in England and why you want to coach.

For coaches with FIVB qualifications, you will only need to send in a copy of your FIVB certificate. 

Volleyball England will assess your qualifications against the syllabus for Volleyball England qualifications and then inform you of your equivalent qualification level and how you can register as a coach.

To pay the assessmnet fee of £75, you will need to set up a Volleyzone account. This is the link to the Volleyzone Guide that will explain how to do this. Once you have your Volleyzone account you can search for Overseas Volleyball Qualifications in Course Finder. Follow the instructions to complete your payment.

If you have any further questions or queries, please contact Volleyball England's Coaching Team via email or + 44 (0) 1509 227722

Contact Information

Please send all documents and queries about international qualification equivalency to Volleyball England's Coaching Team