In January 2010 Volleyball England, as part of their commitment to developing Higher Education volleyball, launched the Higher Education Volleyball Officer (HEVO) programme.
This programme offers students from all universities a voluntary position to work with the National Governing Body and their university. The roles involve leading and co-ordinating the development of recreational volleyball at the host institution in order to encourage new players to come into the sport and to ensure all players have a quality experience at whatever level they participate.
APPLY TO BE PART OF THE PROGRAMME- 2021 APPLICATION PROCESS NOW OPEN!
Volleyball England have an open application process for the HEVO programme. Below are the documents required to apply:
- 21-22 Senior HEVO Role Description
- 21-22 HEVO Role Description
- 21-22 Student Application Form
- 21-22 University Application Form
- 21-22 Guidance Document
Please note that the deadline for student and university applications is Monday 30th August 2021.
HEVO 2021 Conference general schedule (an in depth schedule will be provided to all attendees):
Check out highlights from the 2019 HEVO
- Over 6000 students participating weekly through the programme
- Upskill a network of HEVOs to become deliverers of recreational volleyball in the higher education setting
- Develop the provision of referees within the higher education environment
- Increase the number of students accessing high quality volleyball competitions (includes HEVOs running a mass participation festival)
ATTRIBUTES OF A HEVO
HEVO Universities will receive:
- A grant for volleyball club to develop recreational sessions and a mass participation festival
- HEVO branded Errea kit to promote and assist the role
- Access and funding support for two referee qualifications OR discount on a Level 1 coaching course
- Support & mentoring from Volleyball England through the HEVO conference and Senior HEVOs
For further information and to return the forms, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org