In January 2010 Volleyball England, as part of their commitment to developing Higher Education volleyball, launched the Higher Education Volleyball Officer (HEVO) programme.
This programme offers students from all universities a voluntary position to work with the National Governing Body and their university. The roles involve leading and co-ordinating the development of recreational volleyball at the host institution in order to encourage new players to come into the sport and to ensure all players have a quality experience at whatever level they participate.
APPLY TO BE PART OF THE PROGRAMME- 2021 APPLICATION PROCESS NOW OPEN!
Volleyball England have an open application process for the HEVO programme. Below are the documents required to apply:
- 21-22 Senior HEVO Role Description
- 21-22 HEVO Role Description
- 21-22 Student Application Form
- 21-22 University Application Form
- 21-22 Guidance Document
Please note that the deadline for student and university applications is Monday 30th August 2021.
Check out highlights from the 2019 HEVO conference below
- Over 6000 students participating weekly through the programme
- Upskill a network of HEVOs to become deliverers of recreational volleyball in the higher education setting
- Develop the provision of referees within the higher education environment
- Increase the number of students accessing high quality volleyball competitions (includes HEVOs running a mass participation festival)
ATTRIBUTES OF A HEVO
HEVO Universities will receive:
- A grant for volleyball club to develop recreational sessions and a mass participation festival
- HEVO branded Errea kit to promote and assist the role
- Access and funding support for two referee qualifications OR discount on a Level 1 coaching course
- Support & mentoring from Volleyball England through the HEVO conference and Senior HEVOs
For further information and to return the forms, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org